Seeing what happens when a knit store gets a blog

I have a knitting shop in Concord, NC. I've been here a year, bringing yarn to the masses. We have regular Knit Nights and there are plans for parties and classes. Stop by if you are in the area, or visit the website at www.raveknits.com and have a look around!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A newsletter for this week

Hello, mailing listers! Another good week was had by all, I hope? I've
certainly been busy. I shall inform you of it, because I am sure you
are pining to know.

The decision has been made to turn the upstairs of the shop into class
rooms and party rooms. Yes, soon RaveKnits will be available for
throwing knitting type parties! (More news on that as it occurs.) With
the help of Patty, Becca and Dana, all the random things that were
lurking upstairs have been corralled and organized. A little more work
(a table here, a chair there) and ta-da! Class space. You and your
instructors will be able to tuck yourselves away upstairs, away from
distractions, and finally learn that complicated stitch you've been
trying to master.

That said, when you come into the shop this week, there's likely to
still be carnage from the mass cleaning, so be prepared. Yarn
everywhere!

This week's sale is a Just Because I Feel Like It Sale. There are two
large boxes full of bags of yarn. Buy a whole bag and get it half off.
There's a lot of good stuff in there - cottons and linens and light
mohairs for now, heavier wools for later, lots of luscious cashmeres
for pampering yourself, felting wool just for fun, some sock yarn,
crochet threads, even a knitting needle set or two, and a couple
books. If it's in those boxes, it's half off.

I'll be open the usual hours next week: Tuesday to Friday, 10:00 to
6:00, and Saturday 12:00 - 5:00. Knit Night is this Tuesday, the 17th,
so don't forget! Come on by after work with the latest WIP. We'll be
here till 9:00, so come have some fun with us. Also of interest: we
will have a male knitter. Come see John knit a dice bag.

I think that's all the news, unless anyone out there in mailing lister
land is interested in taking home a bunch of little cardboard bins - I
don't want them anymore, and have lots sitting around. If you need
help with some organization, these little bins are quite useful, and I
have lots.


So yeah, that's this week's newsletter. I thought I might put it out there where people could see it. No fun pictures this week, sorry. I'm going to take pictures of the progress upstairs though, so check back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home