Seeing what happens when a knit store gets a blog

I have a knitting shop in Concord, NC. I've been here a year, bringing yarn to the masses. We have regular Knit Nights and there are plans for parties and classes. Stop by if you are in the area, or visit the website at www.raveknits.com and have a look around!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

FIRE! (inspection)

Today we had the fire inspection. I was rather nervous, having never been around for one before. I expected him to slam a fist through the wall, bring out a handful of wires and tell me how bad things were.

Half an hour later we were shaking hands as he left, with him utterly certain I could get done with the things that needed fixing in the next few hours. And if I had gone to the hardware store and bought a different lock-and-doorknob, I would have been. I did the tidying up he wanted, so that should be fine. Oh, and have the extinguisher serviced.

On the agenda for tomorrow: doorknob. Along with a few other things...like a price gun. All I want is a little price gun that is hand-powered. I do not need one that plugs in. I am capable of squeezing, but can't find one like that. I know they make them. I used to use one. It is my quest now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home