Seeing what happens when a knit store gets a blog

I have a knitting shop in Concord, NC. I've been here a year, bringing yarn to the masses. We have regular Knit Nights and there are plans for parties and classes. Stop by if you are in the area, or visit the website at www.raveknits.com and have a look around!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Look! Another post!

I looked at my website this morning. Actually looked at it and paid it attention. Guess what the front page guff says? Something about Happy New Year's. Yeah, it's been a while since I updated it. I get distracted and do other things, and the poor little site goes by the wayside.

So I got to work this morning and tried to fix it. Only I can never remember where that little bit of typing hides in the admin part of the site. Usually I give up and ask Andy, who never showed me where it gets changed, he just goes "bink" and there it is on my screen. So I hunted for AN HOUR and finally, I think, found what I was supposed to change. So I wrote some happy little fluff about summertime and socks. Only I don't know if it took. It always takes a while from the actual hitting of the "yes I want this on my site" button, and it showing up on the site. Till it actually shows up, I'm never sure I did it right.

You'd think I would know how to use this thing, but I don't. Not that part anyway.

On the agenda for today: put the bin of stuff sitting beside me on Ebay. Put the scarf on Etsy. Put some sock yarn on Etsy, because gypsyknits told me I should. Put the stuff I scanned over the weekend on the site. Scan more stuff.

Long term to-do: reorganize the patterns. The patterns were organized into master books by manufacturer. Want a Plymouth pattern? I can find that. Want a cardigan? No clue. Well, some clue, but I have to go through 18 different books and then I still miss things. So I'm going to separate them out into the different projects. Kids stuff, sweaters, shells, tanks, hats, gloves, socks, scarves, shawls, home decor, stuff like that. I think it will be great fun. Also: tidy up actual pattern drawers.

Also: I need to clean my desk. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home